Sunday 24 April 2011

Counted among the faithful

Wow so the Easter Vigil. What can I say? It was more than I could ever have expected. It was the most Holy experience in my entire life. The whole time I could just feel the love of the community just wrapping me up. I now know what Mary-Jane was talking about. I think it's just one of those things that unless you can experience it for yourself, you won't quite know what someone is talking about. Raymond my sponsors husband wanted to be my Godfather (in a spontaneous gesture by him, I was very touched) so both him and Margaret were standing as I was being sealed with the Holy Spirit during confirmation (I choose Albert by the way - after St. Albert). Sue also came up from Wellington and it was really, really special to have her there. I was asking her about how to know if and to what God is calling you to do and she said that God works through circumstances and other people and that when hes showing you - you'll just know. So thats nice, I think I have a little while to start noticing and figuring out where God wants me.

I thought I would share some photos of the big night (Magaret has some better ones I think that Sue took):
Getting Baptized. You can see the Easter candel in front of me.

Father Marcus and I afterwards.

Pastoral Area Candiates, Catechumens and Sponsors and Catechists.

Ray (godparent) and his wife Margaret my sponsor.

No comments:

Post a Comment