Sunday 13 March 2011

"Do not fear for I have redeemed you; have summond you by name - and you are mine" Isaiah 43:1

Todays Rite of Election was, amazing. I'm now part of the elect - those whom the sacraments of inition will be conferred apon at Easter. I feel very chosen now. I truly do feel like God has called summoned me out of darkness and intends on making me his. Part of his people and his church.

I'm doing a lot of prayer and study around baptism now actually. Every time I think about it, I see myself dying and rising. Like St. Paul wrote in his letters to the Romans; "[3] Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? [4] We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life" (Romans 6:3-4).

I hate a quiet moment just before the start of Mass thinking about what its like see others as Christ sees them, and how full of love he must be when he sees us.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you! I will be praying for you! I am so glad you and DD will be able to support each other on this amazing journey of faith!

    ReplyDelete