Saturday 5 March 2011

Almost Ash Wednesday

I'm meeting with Kate (catechist) & Margaret (my sponser) to see if its apporiate to continue on the first Sunday of Lent for the Enrollment of Names and the sacraments of  initiation at Easter. I'm actually quite nervous that they're going to say I'm not ready. I would really, really, really like to be officially Catholic after Easter. If they don't think I'm "ready" I'm not sure what I'd do, because this has been such a long road for me (5+ years), deciding to R.C.I.A. to me, was like the final chapter and my final yes to the whisperings of the Holy Spirit and a public delcaration and discision to join the Church. If I had to wait another year I'm not sure I could do it. Plus, it's not very fun when everyone goes up to recieve communion and I'm just sitting there praying to God about the day when I can recieve him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment