Wednesday 12 January 2011

Baptism - do you take yours seriously?

Okay so last Sunday was the feast of the baptism of Jesus and our Bishop was celebrating. He wanted us to think about our (and my future) baptism and what it means and how in the early church it took quite a long time to get baptised. He also asked what do you we think Jesus thought when he got baptised by John - the perfect, sinless man getting baptised and that it was the start of his public ministry? All I could think of after he said that was the song by the black-eyed peas "Lets get it started in here!" and honestly, from that point on thats all was singing in my head. I'm a horrible peson. However, its made me think even more intently upon my future baptism as a sign that "I'm getting in started" in my new life in the family of God and my walk with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment